Sunday 22 April 2012

Sharrow Marrow


I first visited Sharrow Marrow when it was newly opened, and wow its changed a lot!
In fact I enjoyed my stay so much I decided to write a whole post about it.
The shop owners were taking full advantage of the fact that today was the farmers market, and had a dazzling display of colourful and enticing products outside. Such delights included chutneys, watermelons and yellow courgettes, with lots of free tasters!

 

 
I nibbled on a slice of dewy and refreshing watermelon, picked up some plums, a bulb of smoked garlic and a yellow courgette and went inside.


 

This place is full of gorgeous tempting fresh fruits and vegetables plus loads more goodies. The daughter of the shop owner has her own company - brambles, and makes such delights as cakes, jams and cordials here too.




The range of high quality nuts, spices and other store cupboard essentials make Nigella's larder pale in comparison.You'll find Sheffield honey, tempting snack bars and a vast selection of local cheeses.





The lovely ladies were happy to pose for a photo and were keen to hear more about what I had to say, even though they were super busy!


So its definitely worth popping by when you are in the area. I'll be coming up specially to visit and I'd even go as far to say its my new favourite place on sharrow vale road!


1 comment:

Jane Willis said...

Great review! Wish I had somewhere like that near me, unfortunately Leeds isn't the greatest for organic and fresh food - or at least nowhere near me! Also, really love your photos but its rather annoying having to click on larger image all the time - would love it if the photos were big straight away on each post as you have awesome photo skills!